Thursday, September 26, 2013

Visit to Swabia!

So, since Saturday (the 21st), I've been visiting my mom in Southern Germany.  We have a week break from school before "real" classes start, and while a lot of my classmates are traveling around Europe, I decided that it would be better (and cheaper!) to come visit my mom and step dad!

I arrived on Saturday afternoon in Stuttgart, where Mom and Martin picked me up.  Then Martin drove us to Bildechingen (where they live - it's a tiny town in Baden-Württemberg).  That night we had Schnitzel with fries, which is my favorite!  We had a relaxing day on Sunday - we went to Mom and Martin's favorite restaurant for brunch, which was delicious!  Then Mom dragged me to a Biergarten - which is a 45ish minute walk away.  It was okay - the view was beautiful!


On Monday night, Martin's mom Pauline arrived.  She came to join Mom and me on a couple of day trips that we had planned!  On Tuesday, the three of us went to Tübingen - which is a beautiful town! I took a ton of pictures, and between Mom and Pauline, I learned a lot!  We walked up to the castle, which is now used as a university building (and overlooks all of Tübingen) and then walked around the rest of the city and saw some churches as well.  I took a ton of pictures! (It was pretty foggy in the morning, but it cleared up after a while)




On Wednesday, Pauline and I went to Konstanz, which is on the Bodensee (Lake Constance, in English).  Mom couldn't go with us because she has started teaching an English extra-curricular at a local school during the lunch hour, but we had a great time!  Again, it was quite foggy in the morning, so unfortunately we couldn't see the Swiss Alps.  We walked along the lake for a bit, and then went and walked around the old part of Konstanz.  The buildings were all beautiful!  We also went into the most ornately decorated church that I've ever been in!  

 I don't know why the spacing is so weird with these pictures...blogger hates me, I guess.

Konstanz is RIGHT on the boarder to Switzerland, but unfortunately I didn't bring my passport with me, so we couldn't go in!  We might come back in December, though.  And if we do, I'll definitely bring my passport! :)

Today we had a relaxing morning, and then went shopping in a nearby town - where I bought a couple of warm sweaters!

I leave to go back to Berlin on Saturday, which is good in some ways and bad in others!  I'll be back here in December, though - and hopefully Mom (and maybe Martin) will come visit me in Berlin!





No comments:

Post a Comment