Saturday, August 24, 2013

Leaving on a Jet Plane

AHH I leave tomorrow!  I'm (mostly) all packed - I don't have a whole lot of extra room, but I'm not close on weight, so that's good.

Yesterday my mom, brother, best friend/roommate, and I went to the Packer game as a sort of last hurrah!  Even though we lost, it was a really enjoyable game - and the perfect way to say goodbye to Wisconsin!


Tonight, my mom, her friend Mary, and I are going to go out to dinner and just relax (while I probably repack - again.) And then tomorrow we'll have a relaxing morning, and then we'll leave around 3 to Chicago.  It doesn't really feel real yet!

I've had some contact with my host family, who seem super nice!  They live about a 10 minute walk away from the center where I take all of my classes - which is great!  They're an older couple (about 50 years old) and they just renovated their apartment, so I'm really looking forward to meeting them soon!

That's it for now...next time I post, I'll be in Berlin!!

"Leaving on a Jet Plane" - John Denver (My theme song for the next day or two!)

-StephanieAnn

No comments:

Post a Comment