Wednesday, November 27, 2013

It's Christmas Time!

Hi, my name is Stephanie, and I am addicted to Christmas Markets.

But actually, it's becoming an issue (mostly monetarily)

The Christmas Markets opened on Monday, and my plan is to go to a different Christmas Market every day for 7 days.  It's been three days so far, and the plan is still on!

The Gendarmenmarkt Christmas Market (Probably the most well known one in Berlin)

Christmastime is my favorite time of year.  I just love the festivities and the decorations and everything about it!  The States doesn't celebrate Christmas anywhere close to how the Germans celebrate it...it's SO much better here!  I can't even explain how much I love Christmas here!

Marienkirche Christmas Market...out of the three I've been to so far, this one was my favorite.
My host mom actually has a stand at a Christmas Market near our house, which I'll be going to tomorrow!  It seems like a pretty hard job, she has to get there by noon and she gets home around 10 at night...not to mention that it's getting colder and colder!  In fact, speaking of the cold, it really is starting to get arschkalt here... I put in the liner of my winter jacket in today for the first time, because I'm pretty stubborn and didn't want to put it in earlier.  I'll probably wear a sweatshirt tomorrow so I might take the liner out again.  After all, I'm a Wisconsin girl - I can handle the cold pretty well!

As far as classes and such, I'll be ridiculously busy from now until I'm done with finals.  I have (I think) a total of 5 papers, 2 presentations, and 3 finals, all due before December 13th.  So, sorry in advance if I don't update for a while.  Besides going to Christmas Markets and doing homework, I really haven't been doing much of anything exciting lately.

No comments:

Post a Comment